Your Pathway to Professional Development
Standards and School Effectiveness have improved the way we present our range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses to schools in order to make the process of searching for and booking onto courses easier and more customer friendly.
The improvements include:
- A one stop shop approach to the new look brochure; a single brochure for each phase that covers the training needs of all school staff, including support staff
- A consistent, online booking process for all courses, regardless of where the event is being held
- Course specific contact details; enabling you to reach the Support Officer of your chosen course to ask questions or amend your booking
- The ability to search online by term, phase, subject and now by theme or role within the school.
CPD courses are now categorised by a 'school theme'. For example, if you are preparing for an Ofsted inspection, you might like to select the theme called ‘Self evaluation and Ofsted’ to view all of the courses relating to this subject so that you can choose the one that best meets your needs.
Download the brochures:
Searching for Training Courses Online
You can search for courses in a number of different ways:
You can browse the entire list of courses or alternatively refine your
selection by choosing a phase (Primary, Secondary or All), Term
(Autumn, Spring, Summer), Subject (e.g. Assessment, ICT, Maths etc.), Theme (Behaviour, Safeguarding and Pupil Wellbeing) or Role (Headteacher, NQT, Governor etc.).
A combination of these can be selected if required otherwise all courses
will be shown.
If you know the course code then in the 'quick search' field enter the CPD course code and press 'find'.
By selecting the Course Code of
a specific course you will be shown full details of the course including
content, outcomes, dates, venue and cost availability. If you then wish to book onto
this particular course you can select “Book”.
How to book
- Once you're satisfied that you have found the right course, select 'book'
- To proceed with the booking you will require your school number and a PIN, which your headteacher will have
- The online system sends a booking confirmation to your email account. If you have been placed on a waiting list, you will automatically be booked onto the course when a place becomes available and booking confirmation will be sent by email
- If a school has forgotten their login details they can use the 'forgotten your login details' option to have this emailed to you automatically
- If you experience any difficulty with the online booking process, please contact Jason Sugden on telephone number 01438 844798
If a Non-HCC school (Academies, Independent schools and Free schools) is using this system for the first time they will
be asked to enter a valid email address and telephone number.
They will then be sent a PIN number to the email provided. This PIN number
can then be used to sign onto the Online Booking for Training and Conferences.
Online CPD Course Evaluation
When you attend a CPD course run by Standards and School Effectiveness (SSE) you will receive an email the following day with a link to an online course evaluation form. Part of the form will already be populated with your personal information, as taken from your original online booking, so the time it takes you to complete it should be reduced.
The forms also give you the opportunity to create a personal ‘delegate profile’. This is not mandatory, but it is your chance to receive tailored email notifications about forthcoming CPD courses that may be of interest to you. The courses we notify you about will be based on the subjects you select when you create your ‘delegate profile’ and you will be able to select the frequency of any emails we send you.
We appreciate that it’s sometimes easier for you to comment on the effectiveness of a training course or event once you have had time to reflect and put into practice what you have learnt. It’s also a useful way for SSE to measure and monitor the impact of our training back in school. For these reasons, four weeks after you attend an event you will also receive a link to a short follow up course evaluation form.
As an incentive for schools to adopt the online course evaluation process, there is a free draw of 10 Costa Coffee vouchers per month for completed online evaluations. These vouchers can be redeemed at the Costa Coffee bar located in the Relish restaurant in Farnham House at Six Hills Way, Stevenage.
Training & CPD Courses
Note that All Phase courses are
included in both lists