Feelin' Good Week
Feelin' Good Week is a Hertfordshire wide event delivered in schools and the wider community by a range of services and organisations. This is an opportunity to promote emotional wellbeing, raise awareness of mental ill health and where to access support with your school community. Its aims are to:
- Raise awareness amongst professionals, parents, children and young people and encourage them to recognise that good emotional /mental health and well being is fundamental to being able to enjoy and achieve in life.
- Promote positive emotional/mental health in children and young people by building the capacity of those working with them to identify those with emotional / mental health problems who may require support.
- Strengthen multi agency working to identify local partnerships and networks of professionals who are able to work together to support children and young people with emotional/mental health problems in a range of settings.
- Increase resilience in our children and young people by informing them about the importance of their emotional/mental health, empowering them to know who to ask for help if and when it is needed and to enable them to develop positive coping strategies to deal with life events.
- Reduce stigma which is fundamental in enabling children and young people to access emotional support if is needed and to recognise that anyone can suffer from an emotional/mental health problem and that seeking help is a legitimate strategy for a happy and successful life.
Downloads and Resources
Individual Lesson Plans
For more information, a helpline and fact sheets regarding young people’s emotional health and wellbeing visit their web site: