Educational Psychology Team
We help schools, settings and families to understand and manage a wide range of developmental issues and special educational needs. We use psychological based approaches to assess and intervene to enhance the learning, emotional health and wellbeing of children and young people aged 0-25 years.
- All schools have a contact EP who they link with to discuss priorities for involvement and any training needs. Support is prioritised for children and young people with complex needs who continue to make less than expected progress, despite evidence-based support and interventions that are matched to the pupil’s area of need. Most EP involvement will be through a psychological consultation with key staff and parents.
- psychological_consultations_august_2018_19.pdf, 04/09/2018
- Access to support and advice about individual children from any of our teams in ISL is through a Single Service Request form which is located here: Hertfordshire.gov.uk: Single Service Request Form. A School Assessment information form should also be completed to clarify the nature of the request and the support already in place.
- Contact information for your Area Educational Psychology Team and other ISL support services is available here: ISL Team contacts. You can also talk to an Educational Psychologist through Contactline, our ‘quick queries’ service.
- contactline_august_2018_19.pdf, 04/09/2018
- We provide support at an individual, group and organisational level and offer a range of bespoke training and professional development
- We contribute psychological advice as part of statutory SEN assessments
- We also provide support for critical incidents such as the serious injury or death of a child, member of staff or parent.
- For crisis support , schools should see their local area team:
East Hertfordshire, Broxbourne, Welwyn and Hatfield: 01992 556998
North Hertfordshire and Stevenage: 01438 843379
St Albans and Dacorum: 01442 453904
Watford, Three Rivers & Hertsmere: 01442 453043
Further information on crisis support is available from
For further information about the EP service please see our page on the Local Offer.
A school assessment form should also be completed to clarify the nature of the request and the support already in place.
A series of critical incident leaflets can be downloaded from: