Healthy Pupils Capital Funding
The window is now open for any Hertfordshire maintained schools* to apply for grant funding under the Government’s 2018/19 Healthy Pupils Capital Fund (HPCF).
The HPCF will support schemes that will improve and increase availability of facilities for physical activity, healthy eating, mental health and wellbeing and medical conditions that will improve children’s and young people’s physical and mental health.
Applications for funding must be received by the end of November so that they can be considered by a panel of experts from Public Health, the Herts Sports Partnership and the County Council. Recommendations will be made to the Schools Forum in December.
Schemes can be of any value, and applicants are encouraged to consider match funding.
Schools will be required to demonstrate how the funding would complement the existing Sport Premium Funding.
The funding can support a wide range of possible interventions including those targeting diet and eating; physical activity and mental well-being. Examples include:
- Sports halls and pitches
- Running tracks (daily mile etc), outdoor gyms
- Dining and catering facilities
- Works to deliver space for mental health support, counselling, mindfulness
- Cycle and scooter sheds or shelters that incentivise active travel
- Swimming pools, hydrotherapy suites
Applicants will be required to set out how the funding will be used to support physical and mental health and proposals for measuring this. Funding decisions will take the following into account:
- Delivers in districts where pupil weight is significantly higher than the county average
- Delivers in schools where pupil weight is significantly higher than the county average
- Has clear articulated benefits for the wider community or other local schools
- Enables or complements one or more of the other pupil health related initiatives
- Secures match-funding
- 25 September 2018 - Scheme criteria published
- 30 November 2018 – Date for initial submissions
- December 2018 – panel determines shortlist schemes
- January 2018 – April 2019 – scheme delivery
To apply please fill out the form below and send to email@example.com with the Subject “Healthy Pupils Capital Fund Application” by November 30th 2018.
*Voluntary aided schools should contact their diocesan representatives for access to funding, academies can use the next CIF funding round to apply.
Healthy Pupils Capital Funding Guidance (2017) ESFA