|Home | Intranet | A-Z Topics | eServices | Curriculum | Leadership | School Admin | School Improvement | School Websites | School Workforce & HR ||
Frequently Asked Questions for Planning
Q: What does short term planning need to include?
There needs to be clarity about the progression of the learning journey including concise learning objectives.
Q: What happens at the end of a 2 week unit of work if I haven’t covered the entire unit?
- The learning overview and AfL grid may be used to prioritise what the children know and need to learn when planning the unit.
Q: Is there flexibility in the allocation of days per unit
- Yes as some units are more meaningful for the children according to the assessment of their learning.
Q: How do I cater for a wide range of abilities/mixed ages within my class?
- Through effective differentiation
Q: How do I cater for a broad learning objective?
- Break it down into the stages of learning towards success and pitch the learning appropriately
Q: How do I teach specific skills alongside Ma1?
- Assess – teach – practise – apply – review approach to the unit of work
Q: How do I focus a learning journey in a wide ranging unit?
- Assess for learning at the beginning of the unit to identify the strengths and weaknesses to prioritise.
Q:Where do mental starters fit in the planning?
- Identify learning objectives which can be kept on the boil / simmering activities.
Q: How do I use the published resources?
- Start with the objective and what stage of the learning journey the children are at.
Q: Does the framework support me by providing additional resources for my planning?
- A range of ICT resources, Challenges for More Able, Springboard and Wave 3 materials are linked to each unit.