Traveller & Refugee Team
We provide support in enabling families to have unhindered access to education , and promotes the attainment and achievement of young people, aged 0-19 yrs (25yrs with LDD).
- Specialist knowledge and experience of working with traveller, Fairground, Circus and Refugee families in Hertfordshire
- A dedicated team which provides access to these vulnerable and hard to reach communities, and an in depth understanding of the barriers that they face
- Access to Education Officers provide support for families, schools and other agencies in order to achieve positive educational outcomes for children and young people.
- Youth Connexions PAs provide support to ensure that the needs of traveller and refugee young people are met so that they are able and motivated to engage in education , employment and training
- Success in making a positive impact on attainment and attendance of these children and young people 0-19 yrs (25yrs with LDD)
- Support to schools, services and other professionals in the development of effective, self sustaining links with families and communities
Contacts for your Traveller & Refugee Team and support is available here:
Traveller & Refugee flyer
Access to support and advice about individual children from any of our teams in ISL is through a service request form with the exception of requests for statutory assessments of SEN which should go
through the established Hertfordshire processes.
The ISL teams will also attend Team Around The Family (TAFs) meetings when appropriate as part of the Common Assessment Framework and Early Support.
To access the Service Request Form and guidance please go to: