Tel: 01438 844777
School staff who have recently attended training by the ICT Services team have commented:
"Just a short note to say how grateful we are for the support the SITSS Team gave us to develop our systems for tracking student data using Assessment Manager. This helped us to manage the presentation of our data in preparation for our Ofsted visit. The visit went well and the Ofsted team commented on the significant improvements the school had made in the last year."
ICT Services developments to SIMS
"…but I wanted to tell you how brilliant it is! I am so pleased I waited, I was about to work out all the groups for my meeting with the SIP next week, but it is now done for me. All I need to do is explain the content.”
"Staff are fed up of me sitting at PC muttering 'this is brilliant!' I can't wait for Monday's SIP meeting, data at my fingertips!"
"Very informative course. Lots to do once I'm back at school"
"Fabulous course - we love the system and all the support. Terrific."
ICT Services, as part of the wider School ICT Services team, provides a range of support, training and consultancy services to schools covering SIMS, ICT technical and computer networks. All our ICT services are underpinned by our service desk (one stop ICT shop giving you access to network, technical and MIS consultants and curriculum, e-safety & web design advisers).
Our SIMS accredited team supports and develops SIMS:
- helping senior leaders use their management information to continually focus their staff on pupil achievement.
- to produce analysis reports to help with inclusion, behaviour and attainment,
- target setting
- to gain maximum value from their MIS.
We also provide:
- network and technical support and guidance to help schools to deliver an appropriate ICT curriculum
- information to schools to maximise value from their ICT investment.
Training Courses at Hertfordshire Development Centre
Robertson House, Stevenage
ICT Services courses will provide delegates with the necessary ICT skills, knowledge and understanding to help schools use ICT as an effective solution to their administrative and management needs. Our training programme includes a range of courses designed to teach skills which can be employed in almost all aspects of school life. Course tutors are members of ICT Services , each of whom has specialist knowledge of ICT systems used within schools.
Courses take place at Hertfordshire Development Centre, at Robertson House, Stevenage in the two designated ICT training rooms. We have a high level of customer satisfaction demonstrated through our customer service desk surveys, training and onsite visit evaluation forms.
SIMS Courses at various venues around the county
The Information Services team provides SIMS training around the county using a virtual training environment (VTE). Please see the course flyer below detailing the current offering which is for lite-bite SIMS training. Further courses are being developed to be delivered using this format and additional venues are being sourced. The VTE solution can also be used in-house in a school to deliver training to a group of your own staff or staff from a cluster group, making it a very cost effective way to deliver staff training on SIMS. Please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
SITSS On Site Training/Consultancy
SITSS provide a bespoke consultancy service, which can be arranged by an initial call to our Service Desk.
On-site consultancy for school leaders and senior managers.
These visits may be for example to:
- help you to self evaluate the use of your MIS system (SIMS Health check) and provide a plan to implement the use of SIMS more widely
- talk to your senior leadership team about the way that SIMS can raise standards throughout your school by:
- Making better use of the information your school records on Sims each day to inform better decision-making and raise standards across your school.
- Ensuring your school’s information is always up to date and easily accessible to those who need it with Sims management information system.
- work with staff on recording Attendance electronically in the classroom (Primary)
- work with a group of staff to enhance your assessment, analysis and reporting system
- help to support the ongoing creation of your school timetable and curriculum analysis
- implement achievement and behaviour rewards and sanctions
To enquire about or book on-site consultancy training:
- log a call with the Service Desk on 01438 844777 selecting Option 1 for ‘Service Desk’ and then Option 1 for MIS
or email the Service Desk at email@example.com.
Please give details of the type of training you are interested and your contact details.
You will be contacted by one of the MIS Managers (Sally Cort for Primary & Nursery schools, Anna Hearn for Secondary, Middle and Special schools) who will discuss your training requirements and identify the most suitable MIS Consultant to deliver your training.
The MIS Consultant will then contact you to arrange a suitable date for the training to take place.
SITSS CPD Courses
The list of courses below are all the SITSS courses, you can select to view a list of Primary or Secondary courses.
Please be aware that the BACK button at the bottom of each course outline will take you back to full list of courses run by SSE. To get back to just the SITSS courses, use your browser back button at the top of your screen.