Bristol Document Summary Service - The Professional Guide to Education Policy Making
Are you buried under a mountain of paper?
Do you find it difficult to keep up to date?
Would you like to have access to clear, readable digests of key information?
Help is at hand. Standards and School Effectiveness subscribes to the Bristol Document Summary Service, on behalf of Hertfordshire Schools. The Document Summary service provides headteachers, teachers, school governors, and LA officers with summaries of key government documentation.
The aim is to reduce the content of most documents to two sides of A4 and to set out the essential information in clear, jargon-free language. The purpose is to help schools see clearly the implications of legislation and guidance in terms of their immediate duties and responsibilities. For example,
- keeping up to date with the most recent education requirements and proposals;
- providing governors with briefing papers before or at meetings;
- focusing discussion amongst teachers at school development meetings; and
- being able to find answers quickly to questions from parents, governors and members of staff.
The summaries are only available from within Hertfordshire
Schools only due to our licensing agreement with the University of Bristol.
The Bristol Guide - Professional
Responsibilities and Statutory Frameworks for Teachers and Others in
The Bristol Guide provides a clear overview of the law and statutory frameworks which are most relevant to their professional responsibilities and duties.
- Concise, current, and accessible summaries and explanations of legislation and
statutory guidance regulating professional work in schools;
- Up-to-date internet address links to original documents or additional information.
Individual copies cost £6.45. Large discounts are available for multiple copies ordered by teacher training institutions, TA and HLTA trainers , or Local Authorities and schools. See the website at: