Useful Web Links
This selection of websites provides advice, guidance and support about eSafety. These websites are suitable for parents, teachers and anyone working with children and young people.
- www.childnet-int.org - A non-profit making organisation working directly with children, parents and teachers to ensure that the issues of online child protection and children’s safe and positive use of the internet are addressed.
Childnet International produce an online CD guide specifically for parents KnowITAll - www.childnet-int.org/kia
Childnet have produced a new guide ‘New Music, Film, TV and the Internet’ which can be downloaded from:
This excellent, informative guide promotes how to stay safe and legal when enjoying entertainment on the internet or via a mobile device. It is also available in many languages.
For further information about using music and not infringing copyright visit:
Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre
- www.ceop.gov.uk - The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre works across the UK and maximises international links to deliver a holistic approach that combines police powers with the dedicated expertise of business sectors, government, specialist charities and other interested organisations - all focused on tackling child sex abuse wherever and whenever it happens.
- www.ecrime-action.co.uk This website is presented to help ADULTS and CHILDREN alike, with any form of on-line or technology-driven antisocial behaviour (commonly referred to as cyber bullying). Whatever your age or background we hope to provide you with useful tips, common-sense approaches, advice and practical information regarding cyber crime.
European Internet Safety Resource
- www.saferinternet.org Promotes internet safety in Europe with a regular newsletter. Articles on safe use of the internet, mobile phones, gaming, chat rooms by children. Covers what to do about illegal content and harmful content.
- www.saferinternet.org/web/guest/home Insafe is a European network of Awareness Centres promoting safe, responsible use of the Internet and mobile devices to young people. They have links to a wide selection of eSafety resources for pupils, teachers and parents/ carers that have been developed across Europe.
Internet Watch Foundation
- www.kidsmart.org.uk - Kidsmart is an award winning practical internet safety programme website for schools, young people, parents, and agencies, produced by the children's internet charity Childnet International.
Open Colleges: Cyber Safety New
An interactive guide to staying safe on the internet.
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk - The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has website which has been designed and written specifically for children of different ages to ensure children stay safe on the Internet.
It also has sections specifically developed for parents/carers and teachers/trainers.